Eyes of Light
The Organisation „Eyes of Light“ is established as a charitable and independent neighborhood initiative in Kumasi-Meduma, Kuabere.
May the light of Him shine in the eyes of our children
May a holy Africa be reflected in them
That turns to His countenance
As His new earth
Without slavery, exploitation and oppression
In peace and justice
In 2010, after traveling back to his hometown of Kumasi, Ghana, Mohammed Mukhtar decided not to stand by and watch the growing misery and lack of prospects of large sections of the population, especially the growing number of homeless and street children.With the money he earned in Germany, with money and in kind donations, with the help of his relatives, the brothers and sisters and the friends on site, developed a modest, neighborly aid initiative, their projects independently and on their own Strength carries.
With the ever increasing tasks, it became necessary to officially register the neighborly relief initiative. In 2017, the aid organization EYES OF LIGHT FO- GATION GHANA in Ghana became legally effective. In 2018, the charitable association EYES OF LIGHT e.V. was founded in Bitburg. The association primarily collects donations in kind and money for the independent partner organization EYES OF LIGHT FOUNDATION GHANA. The association also sponsors and partnerships with children in Ghana and promotes youth exchanges.
What are we doing?
- We regularly run a poor kitchen for the destitute and street children: Fridays, holidays and special occasions, insha allah.
- For Sugar Festival, Id al-Fitr, we're distributing grain and rice to the needy in the neighborhood. In 2017, we handed out 206 bags of rice (2060kg) (please enter Id al-Fitr for the donation transfer).
- For the sacrificial festival, Id al-Adha, we are slaughtering for the needy in the neighborhood. In 2017, we slaughtered one cow and eight sheep (for donations intended for use, enter Id al-Adha).
- We distribute donations to street children and the needy.
- We integrate street children and children of the needy into the existing school system as appropriate, such as taking the tuition, buying the teaching aids and school uniforms.
- Homeless and street children can take advantage of the offered religious education on request. For the successful end of the year there will be a Koran recitation event, each participant will receive an award and a gift.
- We bring orphans up to the age of about 8 years for whom we have found a godfather to selected families in the neighborhood and take care of them. For these children and others are still looking for sponsors. If interested, please get in contact!
- We give seed money for a small business. This refugee widow from Nigeria now sells charcoal; this is a tedious, dirty business she has decided for herself. It offers the advantage of a modest but regular, secure income that can be used to care for yourself and your children.
- We urge the children of EYES OF LIGHT to get involved in social projects. In the photos you can see a neglected graveyard with sunken graves, which they begin to repair.
- We're building a hostel for about 80 street kids and homeless teenagers. The ground floor is to be inaugurated and occupied in July 2018. Almost all trades were created in-house or carried out with the help of the later inmates. Even a private well is already finished.
What we are doing
We are planning to build a training workshop
In order to give the children and young people a future career opportunity and a perspective for their lives, they should be given alternative training in the skilled trades: tailors, carpenters, locksmiths and electricians.
We are planning the construction of a nursery and the installation of allotments around the hostel
The majority of homeless and street children in the cities do not come from crisis areas but they escape the hunger and poverty of the countryside.
The project offers them the opportunity to stay connected with their rural roots and to get to know other methods of fruit growing and field management that they can try out in the allotments and maybe later apply to their home villages.
In addition, they should contribute to the self-supply of the hostel with food.
What we need
is your support!
Donate or become a sponsoring member
EYES OF LIGHT e.V.
Mathias - Grünewald Str. 5
Mobile: +49 15751030138
WhatsApp: +49 1735696624
Hans Peter Bender
Mobile: +49 15201482145
Donation Account (Donation receipt possible)
EYES OF LIGHT e.V.
IBAN: DE05 5875 1230 0032 6274 40
St. Nr.: 10 / 666 / 22936 KII/1